Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back in Action!

It's here! Today's the day that I get to head back into my classroom and begin the slow process of making it a fully functioning classroom again. Can you tell I'm excited? It's 6:57 AM. I've been awake since 6:30 with no alarm clock. I considered going back to sleep when I remembered that I get to open my purchase order package when I get to school. My heart skipped a beat and I was instantly wide awake. Yikes! I'm a nerd. 

I'm incredibly thankful to be walking into the same classroom for the second year in a row. Check out the mess I had on my hands last year after day one:




Empty cabinets and shelves and junk everywhere! This year, my cabinets are full and I even have a few bulletin boards done. My calendar is even set for August! It's a wonderful feeling not having to start from scratch.

I'm going to carry my excitement into the kitchen and make some breakfast, watch Olympics highlights, and dust off the 'ol school key.

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. Happy decorating! I've been up at school a few times already so when I go back Monday it won't be SUCH a shock.

    ps. What's for breakfast?

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and have fun! I have everything unpacked and waiting for me when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting back in the classroom. I'll get to see my very first classroom in less than a month! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. im a nerd too! I get the same way every summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling of walking in to a room that looks like that! You're definitely not alone on getting excited to be back! I've been working in my room for a little less than a month already! I seriously can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first day can be so daunting. I always sit there and stare at everything for most of the day. I don't think I actually get anything done until day 2. :) Can't wait to see the final product.

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...